Web Developer’s Portfolio Plugin is a WordPress plugin designed to showcase screenshots from both desktop and mobile devices for each portfolio listing. Portfolio items are displayed on any page of your choice using shortcodes.
This plugin works by creating a custom post type for portfolio items, and allows you to upload two separate images per portfolio item – one for a desktop screenshot and one for a mobile screenshot. Through the use of shortcodes you can then display portfolio items on a page of your choice – displaying either a desktop screenshot only, mobile screenshot only, or both.
The output is styled with Flexbox, with an excerpt and button to the project page of your choice. You can also set the portfolio items to be publicly-queryable, meaning you can add single-portfolio.php or archive-portfolio.php templates to your site to customise the design of your individual portfolio pages.
Note: If you intend to use the default styling provided by the shortcodes it is recommended that you utilize full-width pages for the best visual effect (though you are welcome to modify the CSS through your child /custom theme to fit your needs).
- Project Link: Add a link to the page you’d like your portfolio item to link to.
- Mobile Image: A second featured image upload option for each portfolio item.
- Shortcodes: Two different shortcodes to display either individual portfolio items by ID or all portfolio items.
- Item ordering: You can set the order number for each portfolio item.
- Rich text excerpts: Customised excerpt boxes allow for the addition of html elements as with the normal post editor.
For more information and to install the plugin, visit the Web Developer’s Portfolio plugin page at WordPress.org.